Saturday 28 February 2015

Dead Silence - Movie Review



Dead Silence (2007) (Director: James Wan) Newly widowed (Ryan Kwanten) returns to his home town of Ravens Fair,to search for answers to his wife’s murder, which may be linked to the ghost of a murdered ventriloquist, Mary Shaw.  Queue creepy nursery rhymes and spooky dolls!



I have to say I didn’t expect much going into this movie, I hadn’t seen trailers or reviews, just popped up on Netflix. I was some what pleasantly surprised. Story was decent enough, script and acting wasn’t terrible! I think it could of had more scares and a bit more gore..but over all not a bad flick. 
One thing that I couldn’t stop thinking was the dummy reminded me of the dummy, Slappy , from Goosebumps…..
There are one or two plot holes, that make no sense…and the protagonist has a few WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON’T GO IN THERE ALONE moments….but whats new…
The best thing about the whole movie in my opinion was …


Donnie Wahlburg ( Marks bro) as the wise cracking detective! Not as cliche as you’d expect.
Rating:5/10
Ive seen better, i’ve seen worse! Good idea but I think it was lacking in a decent script!

No comments:

Post a Comment